• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Scared just diagnosed with Crohns

Hello.. Im new on here . My name is Barbara, Im 52 yrs old and a widow. I was just diagnosed with Crohns a couple weeks ago although have had symptoms for quiet a few years was always told it was irritable bowel. GI started me on 40mg of good old Prednisone which seems to be helping. My sister & several nieces have crohns so i know a little about it. I have quiet a few health problems . I had a stroke in 2009, bad acid reflux, high blood pressure,Fibromyalga, Hypothyroidism. I am taking a lot of medicine but I am limited to what I can take for my acid reflux because I take Plavix. I was so hoping I could have the new surgery (TIF) for my reflux but now I am told I can not have it because of the Crohns. I am just scared of the unknown:confused2::poo::poo: I guess. Thanks for your support!!! So Sorry For spelling!:poo:

Good evening and welcome to our forum mannykautz.

I'm so sorry you've had such a bad time with the crohn's and other health problems, I have had crohn's for about 25 years and find that hard enough to cope with at times without all the stuff you've had to deal with!

You sound like a strong woman - a fighter -and you will find plenty of support and advice on here. Any worries or concerns you have will be helped by talking to all your new friends on here - we're all in the same boat really.

Good luck to you, take care and once again - hello!

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
Welcome to the forum mammykautz. I'm so sorry that you are going through all this. I'm sure you will find the support you are looking for here. I find it a great help going in the chatroom. I hope to see you there soon.

I also found out I had crohns later in life. I was 61 years old and just retired and they told me. I use to be made about that but now I think of all the poor kids that have crohns and will have to go through all there life with it. My heart goes out to all them.

Jim (Pops)

nogutsnoglory

I'm sorry you have so many health issues and now IBD gets added on to your plate. The good thing is you know what's been causing all these symptoms and hopefully they can tailor an approach to help put you into remission.

:welcome: MammyKautz. I was in my 40's when I was diagnosed. I also went for years with being told it was IBS. Irritible Bowel Syndrome = what they call it when they don't know what is going on. :ymad:

Glad you found the forum. It's a cool place for us IBDer's to hang around.

Hello and welcome to the forum Barbara :). it's a great place to come for support and find many friends who will help you get through, I'm glad you found us.

I found it very overwhelming to be diagnosed with crohns (just 4 months ago) I already had T1 diabetes and knew that the 2 conditions would not work well together. My advice to you, which is what was given to me, is to take one day at a time, I took that advice and believe it has helped me get through, especially those first few weeks. I'm working with my GI now on trying to find the right way forward with my treatment and now you have a label for your symptoms you will be able too as well. Take care of yourself and if ever you need some support just call on us, we want to help. Keep in touch.

welcome mammykautz, you came to the right place for support. My 15 yr old was dx with crohns june 2011 and we're still getting adjusted to the new dx but this forum is full of information and support, glad you're here. best wishes to you.