• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Scared

I'm just pretty upset today because the results of my MRE showed a severe stricture in the ilieum (about 10 inches), another smaller stricture, and a possible fistula going from my intestine to my rectum, which is probably causing my D, says the Dr. Also , my right ovary is "tethered" to my intestine. Been on Humira for a few months with no response. So, now the next step is to talk to a surgeon.

I know I'll have many questions answered when I talk to the surgeon. But right now, I'm really confused about the fistula and what's going on there. I'm glad its draining into my rectum instead of some other more inconvenient place....but I've never had one before. I'm really worried that they'll have to take out my ovary. And I also wonder if I can do laproscopy, since the surgery could involve 2 strictures in different places plus a fistula, an ovary, and who knows what else.

I do want to get the surgery if it will help. I have pain/D/loud noises/cramps everyday and my ability to enjoy life has gone way downhill in the last year.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Sorry your facing surgery.

Is your fistula bowel to bowel?

I've had lots of strictures, abscesses and fistulas. If feel for you. I always felt great after surgery.

Sorry I can't answer your other questions. Sending you my support.

Thanks Dave. The radiologist said the fistula looks like it drains from the sm intestine to the rectum. I have never dealt with this before, but my GI said that's what could giving me diarrhea 20x day. Sigh, at least it drained into the rectum, where it should go anyway. It's just hard to relax. Everything hurts more ever since I got the MRE results! I'm def going to say goodbye to my illium, and maybe a couple other parts