• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

SCD with food allergies or veg/vegan?

Is there anyone else trying to do the SCD with additional food allergies or on a veg/vegan diet?

I'm allergic to beef, pork, milk (cow, sheep, and goat), and hazelnuts. (I also have celiac and can't have soy, but gluten and soy aren't SCD legal anyway!) That cuts out a chunk of what is legal on the SCD. I can eat chicken and turkey, but I usually don't eat a ton of meat.

I can also only tolerate nuts in small amounts even if they are cooked in stuff as nut flour.

The diet does help with my symptoms, but I'm concerned about not getting enough calories/having such a restricted diet.

I has previously responded well to the SCD, gotten into remission, and then reintroduced regular foods without too much trouble. I'm flaring again but having a harder time with the SCD this time around. I'm mostly feeling queasy and hungry all the time, which is not helping me stay motivated!

Any ideas? Thanks!

& autocorrect...

I've heard of people healing food allergies on scd but more so on GAPS. You could add stock and ferments as tolerated and see what happens - I think it would be a long term solution. I know a teen who was vegan from birth and was diagnosed with UC a few years ago. Went vegan SCD and is in remission but I don't imagine that it's a healthy diet to be honest. This may sound odd but camel milk is usually well tolerated by those with milk allergies (IGE ones at that) and there's been some very promising research done on it actually healing allergies/intolerances. You can google it if interested.

Oh, I wasn't thinking of curing my food allergies so much as accommodating them while doing the SCD without starving!

I've done the SCD and various elimination diets before, and every single time I re-trial any of my allergens I have reactions. I know some people have had better luck with intolerances resolving, but that doesn't seem to work out for me even when I am in remission.

& autocorrect...