• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

"Scientists discover promising new lead in Crohn’s disease"

Interesting study though the sample size was not big. But if it is valid across a wider sample then it could possibly open up new avenues of treatment. Let us hope that they are able to do a wider study to confirm the role of PD-L2 in Crohn's disease.

great so they suppress the protein and you get cancer! So its either cancer or crohns! LOL
First they have to do a study with a wider sample size. Then they have to find a medication which works which will require quite a number of clinical trials. And third - I am sure, any medication which works will keep a healthy balance of PD-L2 instead of suppressing it to a dangerous low level. This could take years if the centre gets the funding.

I don't think the researchers are anywhere near a medication. It requires more research to confirm this finding. Once they have confirmed, hopefully they will work on a medication. It is a new finding but a medication could be years away. There is another thread which I had posted in which a totally different institute Salk are working on a new medication. Hopefully they will start clinical trials on humans soon. That one requires a once a day medication. Check that thread.