• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Scopes done for non-IBD daughter

Well we finally got the endoscopy and colonoscopy done yesterday. We did the prep in the new kids hospital which was a lovely building. She even got her own room and toilet which was a relief!
What a horrible time she had with the prep :yfrown:. Poor thing was so upset, sore, crying and exhausted. Awful to watch her beg to go home.
She finally got them done and the GI doesn't think it's Crohns but obviously we have to wait for biopsies. She had an area of redness in the bowel that could be from the prep and one ulcer in her stomach which could be from acid issues.
Now we wait for confirmation.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Aww, bless her. :ghug: And you too mum! :hug:

Good to hear it is all over and done with now and that the preliminary results look promising! Fingers crossed!

Thinking of you hun while you wait for the biopsy results. :heart:

Dusty. xxx

Nothing yet, they say it takes up to two weeks. I just have that horrible feeling that we will be treating an ulcer but have no reason/treatment for the lower tummy pain. The docs next step was a psychiatrist to "help her deal with her pain"

You realize that's a crazy plan right?!? Makes me want to flip a table...go to a psychiatrist. Ugh. Seriously, the pain is not in her head, there is something causing it. If I stab you with a knife are YOU going to a psychiatrist to deal with the pain???
Sorry, makes me nuts that our kids are being expected to "manage or deal with" the pain that they are in.
Maybe I need to have a glass of wine! lol!:drink:

Nothing yet, they say it takes up to two weeks. I just have that horrible feeling that we will be treating an ulcer but have no reason/treatment for the lower tummy pain. The docs next step was a psychiatrist to "help her deal with her pain"
Typical...send the female for a psych consult.

I say, use it to your advantage. Get the therapist to write a report that says she is emotionally healthy and that her pain and corresponding causes need to be addressed medically! Boom!!

Wishing you all the best.
Cheryl VT

Ridiculous.....too easy to refer to a psychiatrist!! Really winds me up. My first husband, God love him as he is no longer with us died of a brain tumour but before diagnosis they said it was all "in his head" and wanted to send him to a psychiatrist too!!
Hope results done through soon Sascot, thinking of you and your daughter.xx
How is Andrew doing? Xx

Still no word.
Dodie - Andrew is still doing well thanks. That's awful about your first husband. Doctors seem to default to not believing people! Such a struggle to get them to believe you

Tesscorm

Staff member
Yes, I don't know why it happens so often! :ymad: I had juvenile osteoporosis when I was 5-7 years old and, over that time, worsened to the point that I couldn't walk. I get that it is/was very rare and, ironically, my best friend had a problem with his legs and couldn't walk so, drs conclusion... it's all in her head! Given my age and having seen soooo many doctors, I don't see how/why I would have had a negative view re this particular doctor but I must have picked up on something from my parents. So, I gave the psychiatrist a run for his money! :lol: Even though we all spoke English at home (and, for all intents and purposes, it was my first language), I refused to speak English with him and, if I deemed to respond to one of his questions, I would answer in Portuguese only! :lol: His final report was that, while he didn't know why I couldn't walk, I was fully aware of what was going on around me! :rof: Continued testing eventually found the osteoporosis.

Sascot, I have been in that boat for long time with my Son. Ask the Doc to give you a referral to a pain management clinic. My son was evaluated by a therapist, psychiatrist and a pain Doctor. I can tell you we did not like the pain Doctor but at least the evaluation was done by the three of them .Like in your case, nobody believe my son, we saw a lot of Docs. Finally a neurologist was the one that has helped him. My Son suffers from Amplified pain syndrome. You may want to read about it. Good Luck.