• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Scotland NHS versus Wales NHS

Hi
I noticed all the reply here go back a few years and things have changed a lot, so can any body tell me of recent experiences of getting humira in Scotland on the nhs?
i am on weekly injections and live at the moment in wales uk and i am thinking of moving to the highlands in Scotland.
how difficult will it be to see a Gastroenterologist consultant and get the humira, would there be a long wait to see a consultant, or will they just continue with out a delay by transferring records?
I am on humira for crohn's and Ankylosing spondylitis and see a rheumatologist and the 2 consultants prescribe humira jointly so to justify it easier to the powers to be and bean counters
Thanks for any info.