• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Searching for a warm, beautiful beach.

We're planning a 2 week vacation for when our son feels a little better. He said he'd like to go someplace warm. We want to stay in the US and can't spend tuns. Nothing too exciting, just some place we can hang out in the water, do a little snorkeling, lying in the sun, see some sights. A place you'd take your grandpa, or 4 year old.

My husband and I have been to Cozumel and would take him there if it weren't for concerns about the water. I never drank it, but I still got montezuma's revenge.

I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks! :)

I have been to Cozumel and 2 trips in the last two years to the Mayan Riviera. I have had absolutely no issues with my crohn's while out there. I have had after effects of alcohol, and once where I drank water at a pizza shop in Playa del Carmen. No real Monte's revenge, just one day of being a little off. You can take a preventative vaccination for traveler's diarrhea, so don't write the idea off just yet. Do a little research on it and have some fun!

I live in Northen California. The beaches here are usually frigid, and the water is even colder! Southern California (LA, San Diego) has warm beaches, but I think the water is still cold (though I have no idea, I stayed away from the water every time). I know it doesn't exactly meet your requirements, but in case you were considering California, now you know--it's far colder than it looks on TV! 😉

And while San Diego isn't exactly to my taste, it's a great family destination.