• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Second hospital admission this yr

Hi everyone

Just been discharged from my second admission to hospital this year due to suspected crohns. Have been put back on steriods since last friday and was discharged yesterday as i feel a little better. I still cant keep anything down and keepo being sick but the pain feels much better, my GI said the next step would be to change me from steriods to another medication but they cannot do that until there is a definitive diagnoses made. I am currently awaiting a capsule endoscopy on the 14th, she has took me from 40mg down to 20mg of predisolone! I am scared as im still in discomfort and dont want to end up back into hospital being took of to quickly. I also have caught enterococcus and started on antibiotics for UTI but believe its from the bowel just wondered if anyone has ever had this also.

Ah, sorry to hear about this. It's kind of nervewracking waiting for those tests etc. It sounds like you might have a bowel to bladder fistula: I'm battling with one at the mo. Do you have the usual symptoms of a UTI? Did the do any imaging tests during your stay?

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
This thread was up recently that talked about UTIs and thrush http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=19496

I'm really sorry they are making you wait so long to get proper treatment. It still boggles my mind. I know you explained it before but what they're doing is putting your life in danger and there's no excuse for that.

Hi grubletum

Yes i had a ct scan and the results come back as The uterous is anteverted and the fundus is orientated towards the rif. No free fluids no abscess seen no free gas. Have no idea what that means also it says the solid viscera are unremarkable. Any idea?

No idea about the uterus stuff, sorry. I have an abscess and gas passing into my bladder from the bowel, so thankfully it looks like it's not a fistula. I wonder if it would be worth calling your GP? They might be able to explain a bit more about the CT results and discuss your current meds?

Hi helen yeah i have an appointment with my gp next week, they were concerned as they felt a lump so thought it could be an abscess i think thats why they did it on my pelvis but im not sure if they looked at my bowel as they have not mentioned it, I have been dropped to 20mg which is quite a shock to the system and have been told to just eat pureed diet and see how i go, just feel so weak and still in a bit of pain

Yes, that's a huge drop! When I was tapering I was told to do it slowly 5mg per week. Even at that I had 'withdrawal' symptoms. Have you got enough tabs to maybe stay on 35 or 30 til you see the GP?

I think the anteverted uterus is the normal way most women's uterus tips, which is slightly forward. Mine is retroverted and tips backwards.

Hiya thanks for the replies, that seems a relief that something is normal, just dont no how i am going to cope am waking up still at night in pain and not attempted to eat anything really other than pureed food in days

Hi grubletum

Yes i had a ct scan and the results come back as The uterous is anteverted and the fundus is orientated towards the rif. No free fluids no abscess seen no free gas. Have no idea what that means also it says the solid viscera are unremarkable. Any idea?
A retroverted uterus is one which slants backwards. No free fluids and free gas means the bowel has not perforated and there is no signs of peritonitis. The solid viscera just means your kidneys, pancreas, liver, spleen are all looking fine.

I hope you are feeling ok today. It seems a bit mad they are still making you wait for the capsule endoscopy. I hope you feel a it better. It may be worth sticking to the soft diet until you have it done.

Hiya thanks for the info

Seeing doctor tomorrow i have been feeling so weird, i fainted last night and was getting aot of pain and then today i just went for a trip in my car and nearly crashed, my head felt all dizzy and my eyes had double vision i saw 2 of everything, i know my eyes are good so im not sure what is going on. Down on 20 and it is not going well just feel so weak and ill.

Yikes, Porter, that's scary! Hope they get you sorted out! Please don't drive anymore for now until you figure out what's wrong!