• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sed Rate, CRP and CBC all completely normal....still flaring?

FullM3lt

Activate CB2
Anybody else had this experience? I'm definitely flaring up...the big D 4-8 times daily depending on what I eat, abdominal cramping/pain, fatigue, joint pain....but all of my blood work is normal?

I'm really confused. Can't wait for my colonoscopy. Could a blockage be causing this problem?

FullM3lt

Activate CB2
No need now, I had a scope Monday and I am in a flare. I was just worried that it was something besides a flare up.

Apparently even during a flare all my bloodwork is normal....

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Both of my children have Crohn's and are now in remission but during their diagnostic period my daughter's bloods never reflected the extent of disease that was present and it was severe...all bloods normal time and time again. My son's bloods on the other hand showed every little glitch. Confusing to say the least!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are flaring. :( I hope you are able to get things back into line ASAP. Good luck!

Dusty. xxx

FullM3lt

Activate CB2
Thanks Dusty :)

I haven't been bleeding, so that's a good sign. If I watch my diet, my gut really doesn't bug me too much. My disease is active, but the worst part of it for me are the extra intestinal manifestations. I have no official DX but i'm having horrible costochonritis pain in the chest wall and costal cartilage....thought it was my heart (and part of me still thinks it is :() but it is very tender and painful to the touch. With no official DX, I am a worry wort.

Pain everywhere else too....don't wanna sound like a cry baby but I really just wish I had some pain meds lol I hurt all over!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Oh my goodness...:hug:...that sounds awful. :(

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with your story...are you anywhere close to getting some solid answers on what is happening?

If you do indeed end up with a diagnosis of IBD something to perhaps store away for future reference is that one of the enteropathic arthropathies (EIM's) of IBD can affect parts the axial skeleton, which are the skull, spine and ribs.

Good luck! I hope you are able to get a diagnosis and relief very soon. :goodluck:

Dusty. xxx

FullM3lt

Activate CB2
Oh my goodness...:hug:...that sounds awful. :(

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with your story...are you anywhere close to getting some solid answers on what is happening?

If you do indeed end up with a diagnosis of IBD something to perhaps store away for future reference is that one of the enteropathic arthropathies (EIM's) of IBD can affect parts the axial skeleton, which are the skull, spine and ribs.

Good luck! I hope you are able to get a diagnosis and relief very soon. :goodluck:

Dusty. xxx
What I meant by I had no DX was referring to my costochondritis like pain :)

I've been diagnosed with Pancolitis for 10+ years :ycool: My recent colonoscopy confirmed that my disease is active, but I had no polyps or scar tissue. Thank you for your concern though!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Yikes sorry! :redface:

In that case I wonder if it could be an arthropathy that is causing the chest pain...hmmmm.

Dusty. xxx

FullM3lt

Activate CB2
Yikes sorry! :redface:

In that case I wonder if it could be an arthropathy that is causing the chest pain...hmmmm.

Dusty. xxx
It's all good! :) I've been talking to David on another thread I made and all my symptoms match up with his (he has costochondritis). I'm still going to get a referral to a rheumy with my GI this Monday. I've always had joint issues during a flare, but the sternum/rib pain is very new to me!