• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Seeing a colo-rectal surgeon tomorrow

I saw my GI doc for a follow up to the CT Enteroscopy today. I have two different segments of colon with active disease that he recommends treating with surgery. More on that in another thread.

I have been having VERY painful BM's and when my GI doc looked at my bottom he thought there was probably a fissure, and perhaps an abscess or small fistula. He referred me to a surgeon for "injections? I am seeing her tomorrow morning, but I am not sure I want any injections in my butt without sedation. I think this is a consultation only, but i am hoping she can fix me maybe Friday. What would she be injecting me with? Anyone done this before? Sounds painful... Please help me understand!

Terriernut

There is a member on here that had botox injections to help with the pain, believe it or not. I wonder what they have in mind for you too?!

Back from the surgeon...No injections for me ( thank goodness because i could hardly keep from crying just waiting for the doctor to come to see me). She did say that I had an fissure and small ( hopefully shallow) fistula. There is also an infection. She couldn't do a full exam because it hurts me too much. I am scheduled for a full exam, fistulectomy and drainage of the abscess under anesthesia. I am relieved that all of this will be done with sedation, and hoping that this will relieve some of the pain I have. I have been on a self-imposed liquid diet consisting of almost nothing in order to avoid going to the bathroom.

I hope I feel better after the procedure , with less pain rather than more....