I'm new to the forum but I'm desperately trying to get as much information as possible to help me make a decision on whether or not to get surgery. I am one of the lucky ones, diagnosed at age 17 I've only been hospitalized a few times. Been on prednisone and Salofalk in the past but have been off meds now for 5 years, no surgery. I am currently 41 and I am having issues with scar tissue and narrowing of my intestine, there has been no signs of inflammation for almost 20 years! The symptoms have worsened over the past year and the narrowing is getting worse, I've had blockages that result in a lot of pain and nausea but no vomiting. I just put myself on clear fluids and rest and suffer through it. I take Restore-A-Lax almost every day to try to prevent issues. My Crohn's Dr. has suggested surgery to remove the scar tissue and relieve my symptoms, he feels it's better to get the surgery now while I'm young and fairly healthy. After going to the surgeon to find out details of the surgery I'm freaking out and confused as to whether it's worth the risks involved, yes my quality of life has suffered over the past year but is it really bad enough for surgery? The surgeon is very neutral and says it's entirely up to me which is not helping with the decision, he does however feel that the surgery is probably inevitable at some point. I'm looking for people with similar situations who have both opted to have surgery and to wait on surgery and what your experience has been. I feel like the more info I can collect the easier it will be to make this seemingly impossible decision. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!