• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Seeking info on MAP Vaccine

• Thread starter Fed up with modern meds
  • Start date
F

Fed up with modern meds

Hi, my name is Darren Cowan. I was diagnosed with Crohns in 2002, but had Crohn's-like issues going back to 1994. I had a surgery to remove a rectal abscess in 1997--five years before being diagnosed with the disease. I started having flare ups in 2000. I did not know what it was nor did I have the money or insurance to get it checked out. I started going to the doctor in late 2001, but they had no clue. Finally, a week before I was scheduled to begin my first teaching position in California, I had the mother of all flares and had blockage. I went to the hospital and they gave an unoffical diagnosis of Crohn's. It also made sense because my Dad has the disease.

I have received five surgeries for Crohn's related issues including a bowel resectioning in 2005 and a c-ton drain in my anus in 2007. I've been to the hospital twice in the last couple of months and I am having issues with my C-ton right now.

The last hospital visit was due to a reaction to Remnicade. My joints swelled. I have been waiting the last 2 years to get Remnicade, which I finally got because I was awarded SSI-Soc Sec after 3.5 years of waiting, so it was very disappointing to see that another remedy doesn't work.

I'm totally fed up with what modern medicine is doing. They have no idea what is going on with Crohn's. I read about the man who discovered MAP bacteria in England. He has a vaccine. Does anyone know where I could receive a MAP vaccine shot in the States? If I can't find it here, I'll go over seas. All I know is I'm sick of nothing working in the realm of corporate medicine.

Have you tried changing your diet? You didn't mention anything, and I know changing my diet has helped a lot. I used to be a picky eater, and I had a poor diet.

F

Fed up with modern meds

Crohns08 said:
Have you tried changing your diet? You didn't mention anything, and I know changing my diet has helped a lot. I used to be a picky eater, and I had a poor diet.
There are a lot of things i don't eat anymore such as greasy food, raw fruit and veggies (I cook 'em), nuts, and spicy food. I mostly grill and bake food. I eat yogurt as much as possible. I drink lactose free milk. Can you give me some suggestions?

Well, I haven't been eating any refined sugars, or anything with yeast, or probably gluten as well. The book in my signature is a GREAT book! It's the diet I am currently on, and I haven't had tummy troubles in a week(when I started the diet). Plus the recipies are tasty too!

Well, MAP hasn't yet been proved to trigger Crohn's. Even if it did, I would think that a vaccine would be closing the door after the horses have bolted (to use a phrase).

F

Fed up with modern meds

Creepy Lurker said:
Well, MAP hasn't yet been proved to trigger Crohn's. Even if it did, I would think that a vaccine would be closing the door after the horses have bolted (to use a phrase).
No, it isn't absolute, but Prof John Herman Taylor's research is closer to discovering the cause of crohn's and developing an actual cure than Medical Industrial Complex. He is having problems with funding to develop excellent ways to test people for MAP. Finding it in humans is very difficult. Even if he does have the cure, we still have a while before we could get it. Personally, I believe his work is being ignored because of his linking it to milk. The British Gov't denies it being found in milk. Anyway, here's a web site to check out:
http://freeola.com/crohns.php

F

Fed up with modern meds

Crohns08 said:
Well, I haven't been eating any refined sugars, or anything with yeast, or probably gluten as well. The book in my signature is a GREAT book! It's the diet I am currently on, and I haven't had tummy troubles in a week(when I started the diet). Plus the recipies are tasty too!
Awesome, thank you very much. Picking the right diet is quite difficult, especially since dieticians have no idea what u should eat. It's good to hear this book has some good recipes. I tried the Maker's Diet once and it was too expensive and I couldn't stomach much of the food, i.e. raw sauer kraut, goats milk, etc.

That sounds awful! I love this diet because it basically lets you have any meat, with the exception of steak, but a good steak every month or so probably wouldn't hurt once things got under control. Good Luck!

F

Fed up with modern meds

Crohns08 said:
That sounds awful! I love this diet because it basically lets you have any meat, with the exception of steak, but a good steak every month or so probably wouldn't hurt once things got under control. Good Luck!
Thanks bro. I'm gonna pick that book up soon.

O

Op.28/18

Fed up with modern meds said:
No, it isn't absolute, but Prof John Herman Taylor's research is closer to discovering the cause of crohn's and developing an actual cure than Medical Industrial Complex. He is having problems with funding to develop excellent ways to test people for MAP. Finding it in humans is very difficult. Even if he does have the cure, we still have a while before we could get it. Personally, I believe his work is being ignored because of his linking it to milk. The British Gov't denies it being found in milk. Anyway, here's a web site to check out:
http://freeola.com/crohns.php
Is that the professor's site or just some random person's?

It seems kind of foolish to deny it is in the milk supply since MAP has been cultured from milk off the shelf. I think the theory of spontaneous generation was disproved a hundred years ago.

The milk lobby must be powerful in Britain also.

I am fairly certain that MAP is the main culprit as far as symptoms go. Or it is an amazing coincidence that when I attempted to rid myself of the bacteria I no longer had symptoms. Maybe I got rid of several bad strains of bacteria. Who knows?

I would stay away from milk until the truth is known one way or another.

Dan

I just find it so strange that the medical community doesn't fund such research, which shows much promise!!!! MAP causes disease in animals very similar in symptoms to Crohn's disease in humans, so why not fund this? it's only 550K british pounds. Wonder how much the governments pay on arms and nuclear weapons :(

I think it is more a matter of what is to be lost if a cure is found. Treatments are extremely profitable. Cures, not so much. Even if rock solid evidence was present, the resistance to change is remarkably strong. I do not think it is all by accident either.

I may be somewhat jaded, but I do not see much progress on curing any disease. Just lots of money spent on research that leads to little or nothing.

Dan

I agree Pharmaceuticals are a huge business and a lot of doctors like the kick backs they receive from prescribing them. How else will they pay for their malpractice suits.

Example: My Dad had high cholesterol and went to see a doctor who actually knows what he's talking about and he was told to take so many milligrams of Vitamin B-3, which is also called Niacin, and his cholesterol dropped considerably fairly quickly. How often do we hear this type of item being prescribed? Never! because the doctors can't make any money off of vitamins.

Chris

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
I would venture that there's a higher percentage of victims of quackery (and more grievous in nature) than from the medical profession (which still has some checks and balances built into the system).

Of course, no one is infallable, and yes, it's big business. Big business because virtually everyone is a client.

It's probably wise to have some misgivings about it all. That's why it's important that patients are informed themselves.

Oh, and my physician discusses vitamins with me every visit.

Please Google crohnsMAPvaccine and their Facebook page. The vaccine is ready for human trial. It is only the funding that is now needed. As governments are not interested, it is up to the Crohn's community. Please take a look and donate what you can. If every Crohn's sufferer in the world gave just £1 we would have more than enough for the therapeutic vaccine and diagnostic test. Only then will this disease be consigned to history where it belongs. Crohn's is spreading and we can stop it. This is URGENT. Get giving!