• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Senga is here!

Well that's it. Senga the stoma has arrived as of last Wednesday. Thank you all for your answer a supportive comments previously. OH is doing really well with his ileostomy and couldn't be happier at the minute. Any ileostomy tips would be welcomed :)

Tony H

Glad that OH is doing well,
The first thing I would recommend is to start ordering samples from all the different companies out there , I found coloplast great
They have stoma nurses who will actually call out to your home if you need help , the coloplast stoma nurse was of more help to me than the hospital stoma nurse(overworked)
Be prepared for setbacks ie. leaks and problems around the stoma , they happen to everyone and can be fixed ,
there is another great site that a member here has called veganostomy which has some great how to videos which are really helpful
Most of all if you have a problem ask here any time day or night and at the very least you will get emotional support and great practical support as well ,
If you need any particular info feel free to pm or ask in the thread and I will hopefully be able to answer.