• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Serious question

ekay03

My dog has hands!
Serious question. Please respond w/ your thoughts. Is anybody stockpiling food just incase the end is near?

Astra

No, but if we have any more riots over here and anarchy takes over, I might just do that!

ekay03

My dog has hands!
the reason I ask is my mothers crazy husband keeps buying HUGE quantities of giant size cans and dried milk etc. spending lots of money that we cant afford. So Val and I returned some of the stuff and pretty much banned him from doing grocery shopping. And now he is being a pissy little bitch, saying crap like we deserve what we get when the end comes and we dont have enough supplies. Michael is just insecure cause he is a bum and the stockpiling make him feel better about himself somehow. BUT YOU DIDNT HEAR THAT FROM ME!

So ya, If your not stockpiling in England then I think a person should feel relatively safe that it is not necessary.

ekay03

My dog has hands!
Grumbletum, Thats different. That could actually happen. I hope you dont need to though

They say hoarding is one of the first signs of craziness! There's a guy across the road from me who collects all manner of things and leaves them on his front lawn. Every few months the exasperated owner comes by with a truck and hauls it all away. Last week the police took the poor guy off to a mental institution! But, he came back a few weeks later, and is collecting more stuff...

Can we @ least postpone the end of the world until after a cure for Crohns is found so we can all have a blast for a couple of years.
Lets Hope eh
Grant:biggrin: :biggrin:

Yeah, I'd rather face the end of the world than live and have to hoard food. Hoarded food doesn't sound very Crohn's friendly anyway.

I'm with ThanksP.

If the world is ending, I'm not sitting at home, praying that I don't run out of hoarded food.

Not that I hoard food. BUT, when I get my own house, I will plant my own garden. Seeing as our general means of transportation for food is going to run out of fuel in ~20 years, I figure I should be self-sufficient. I'm not worried that the apocalypse is going to happen though.

Crohn's Mom

My step-father went through a phase like that when I was a child. He decided we needed lots of dehydrated food. It wasn't good enough to buy some, he had to buy a dehydrator so that he could do it himself. And then that led to buying a machine to package them. Then made my mother start canning as well...and on and on...lasted for almost 2 years if I remember correctly! And we we're poor at the time!
He still does things like this from what I understand from the other siblings...
I think he thinks Big Brother has moved in his house as well :)

When the end of the world comes, I'll be off on our boat in the harbor somewhere... certainly not counting my cupboards and pantry items.

sawdust

If it's truly the end, what will a house full of food do to help? Now, if you expect some hard times, I might see that differently. I can food from the garden to eat through the winter. Not sure if that counts.