• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Serum potassium

Hi folks

I returned to work at the end of march after a five month flair, just before I returned to work I had a B!2 jab as it was 202 and I was complaining of tiredness. I am still the same and its now 327 so I am going to have another next week.

But just got bloods back and my potassium level is 3.3 just out of range. Iam still tired sleeping around ten hours a night and more if i could, but my normal is around six hours.

I am just wondering if its related to IBS or my IBD or my MTX but I still have losse bowels and just wondered what to do.

Any advise would be great

I was initially very tired after receiving B12 shots. I have no idea why. I think it takes time to build up in the system.

My potassium is always low even in remission. I take potassium pills because I still don't get enough drinking coconut water which is strange. Avacados don't agree with me at times. Good sources of potassium are:

coconut water
avacados
bananas
carrots
mung beans
apricots (I think)