• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Seton stitch

I've been battling a deep abscess for years. After 2 surgeries a new surgeon put in a steton stitch. It's been 6 weeks and still draining. Basically I need some advice. Any ideas on how to pad the end. It moves when I move or catches on my clothes and... well I think I've invented some new words. Anyone have advice

dave13

Forum Monitor
I've been battling a deep abscess for years. After 2 surgeries a new surgeon put in a steton stitch. It's been 6 weeks and still draining. Basically I need some advice. Any ideas on how to pad the end. It moves when I move or catches on my clothes and... well I think I've invented some new words. Anyone have advice
I have draining setons,two of them. I use 4x4 gauze pads for drainage. If the drainage is not to heavy I open the pads(they are four ply) and cut them in half,gives me twice as many pads.

No it's much better. There is hope I swear!!! Lots of baths help. I can jog and be pretty normal now. I found that if it was really painful it was because pus needed to drain so just had more baths. Wish you the best!!!