• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sever crohn surgery 6

My crohn is very aggressive, I do not know why, I did five interventions, removing about 100 cm of ileum, then I have a rectal fistula, now I should do another surgery for fistula enterocutanea,, would be the sixth surgery..don t are too many for a human being, this time risk their lives?

HI Shonabanda I've has crohn's most of my life, over 40 years. Over the years I've had a dozen or so surgeries the last being 17 hours two years ago this month. Getting put to sleep is never fun and can be scary, trust that there is a higher power with a plan for each of us. I hope all goes well and this will be your last intervention. My thoughts and prayers are with you

dave13

Forum Monitor
Hi shonabanda

Surgery is a tough thing to go through.I have had three and I know I would be in a worse place if I did not have them.Knowing we need them does not do a lot in calming our fears,however.

My most recent was a fistulotomy/seton placement.Have you checked out the support group for fistulas,fissures and abscesses? Here's a link http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=47942.

My introduction to crohn's was an emergency resection in my jejunum and my first ever operation at the age of 50.That was a little over a year ago.The fistulotomy was this past July.

You are concerned about the trauma to your body from multiple operations but consider the damage that could result if you went untreated.We need to stay on top of this disease,as hard as that may be sometime.

Are you on any medication?

Good luck and keep the faith!