• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sever Pain & Fatigue in My Left Shoulder. What Can it Be?

This happens from time to time and it always occurs if I go out for long periods of time.

My left shoulder will feel so tired/weak and my shoulder will hurt a lot. When I make a full rotation with my left shoulder I can hear a large crack/popping noise.

The pain comes out of no where. Its not like I hold anything heavy. For example.. today I held no item in my left hand all day and I kept it in my jacket pocket so the jacket absorbs the weight of the hand so I dont know why it can get so tired and painful in my left shoulder when my right shoulder is excellent.

I will be discussing this with my GI and Doctor very soon.

But in the meanwhile,

does anyone know if this is Crohns related, if so...how?

Right now that I been home for a while my left shoulder feels fine

I dont understand why this happens when I go out for like 3 hours. The pain gets so painful I just want to run home sometimes

Hey I think the pain will be related to Phrenic Nerve irritation. The Phrenic nerve sits just above the bowel and is easily irritated if the bowel is not happy. The Phrenic nerve causes radiating pain when irritated and it passes your left shoulder. Its the same nerve that gets irritated and causes reffered pain in heart attacks.

The pain you are getting would you say its on the tip of your shoulder?