• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Severe acne suggestions

I was wondering what are some safe acne products for people with ibd as I have been told some products make ibd worse. I have been struggling with pretty bad face acne for years.

cmack

Staff member
I think most topical solutions are safe to try. Rubbing alcohol can be used to wipe over the affected areas. Also, make sure to drink plenty of water. I now drink at least 2 litres a day and it alone helped me reduce breakouts by 75 percent or more. Good luck.

At night use topical Tazorac - it's excellent and anti-aging too. Start at the lowest concentration, in cream format, 0.05%. Could be an issue with insurance approval but my doctor's office gets it approved. If not, go with Retin-A Micro.
Cleocin-T in the daytime to control bacteria.
Make sure to use a daily SPF! The retinoids make you more susceptible to sunburn.