• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Severe joint PAIN!

Hi I have suffered from Crohn's disease for 8 years now. I am 28 years old and have received multiple surgeries to fix a vaginal rectal fistula. Last 5 years I've suffered with severe swelling of my joints in my wrists, stiffening and tightening in joints in the neck, back and, shoulders. At times I can not even get undressed brush my teeth or doing something as wiggling a finger. Recently I had lost my medical insurance is there any doctors organizations out there that will help you pay your bills and pay for your prescriptions? I currently take prednisone three times a day. Apriso to minimize my Crohn's symptoms. As we all know... Crohn's triggers more than joint pain. It's a constant battle everyday. I just want much life back. If anybody has similar symptoms or any advice. I'm all ears!

Dear Alibug,
I'm sorry for what you are experiencing. I once had a flare that included arthritic symptoms similar to rheumatoid arthritis, and I found that ice was actually useful on my knees and feet, which were the worst, I had a lot of trouble walking. If you haven't tried this yet you might.