• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Severe Pain from my Colon maybe? help

Okay so... On Tuesday (Today is still Thursday for 1 more hour for me)
I started getting little twinges of pain on my right side, on and above my hip.
On Tuesday night they proceeded to get worse to the point where I stood up and had to sit down straight away because it was hurting so badly.

Wednesday I dosed up with Cocodamol and Buscapan (I was on placement in a school so I had to attend otherwise I would have had a bed day cos I felt rubbish)

As the day went on I felt tired, achey, sleepy, sickly, and the pains still kept coming on and above my hip when I walked around (which in a classroom is hard to avoid) Then at the end of the school day I left the classroom to be sick (I think that was due to the vast amount of painkillers I took on very little food)
I came home and slept from 7 right through till the next day.

Today, (now you may have noticed a few days ago I posted on here about being worried about me not menstruating) well someone up there must have heard cos today I was blessed with one (blessed ha!)

Anyway I thought these might have been linked, but the pain is still there whenever I move it almost feels like its in my colon. I know its a strange thing to say.

But are they seperate issues? Should I see a doctor, cos the pain is limiting my movement at the moment

I am feeling generally grotty because of the lady situation but I'm just not sure about this pain?

Does anyone have any thoughts because I am concerned.

SarahBear

Are you still menstruating? It's very likely that's the cause of the pain. Is it near your ovary? Since you haven't had a period in a while, I wouldn't be surprised if this one is especially difficult.

Are you having any symptoms that you would usually associate with Crohn's?

I hope you feel better! :hug:

Yeah, I started today, the pain seems to be completely on my right side, and only when I am moving which is odd.

I understand that cos this is the first one in a while it might have just absolutely floored me. But the pain is confusing, normal period pain is like a general... overall stomach ache surely?

SarahBear

For me, normal pain during my period is in both ovaries or one, or my lower back. Sometimes it aggravates my Crohn's symptoms as well, but the location of my pain from Crohn's is actually in the same area most of the time. I'm sure what everyone else experiences is likely to be different. Have you ever felt anything like this before (location wise)?

I think no matter what if you are hardly moving about without pain, you need to see a doctor. It could be many many things tricky part with right side is Appendix, and if that bursts it generally not good. THere are just so many things go get checked out.

The pain seems to be where my Crohns is.
Never had pain like this before with movement being the trigger of pain.
Due to see Dr. on Tues but don't know if I can last that long.

Okay so... On Tuesday (Today is still Thursday for 1 more hour for me)
I started getting little twinges of pain on my right side, on and above my hip.
On Tuesday night they proceeded to get worse to the point where I stood up and had to sit down straight away because it was hurting so badly.

Wednesday I dosed up with Cocodamol and Buscapan (I was on placement in a school so I had to attend otherwise I would have had a bed day cos I felt rubbish)

As the day went on I felt tired, achey, sleepy, sickly, and the pains still kept coming on and above my hip when I walked around (which in a classroom is hard to avoid) Then at the end of the school day I left the classroom to be sick (I think that was due to the vast amount of painkillers I took on very little food)
I came home and slept from 7 right through till the next day.

Today, (now you may have noticed a few days ago I posted on here about being worried about me not menstruating) well someone up there must have heard cos today I was blessed with one (blessed ha!)

Anyway I thought these might have been linked, but the pain is still there whenever I move it almost feels like its in my colon. I know its a strange thing to say.

But are they seperate issues? Should I see a doctor, cos the pain is limiting my movement at the moment

I am feeling generally grotty because of the lady situation but I'm just not sure about this pain?

Does anyone have any thoughts because I am concerned.
Do you have crohn's or colitis? Pain in right side is indicative of crohn's and crohn's is in colon too. It can be anywhere in the whole intestinal system and from your mouth all the way to anus. I would make an appt. with your gastro for sure and get some tests done. Hope you get some relief soon Holly! Let us know, OK?:ghug:

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Have you tried soaking in the tub? I know that usually that helps some for other aches and pains in relation to periods. But, am wondering if that might help some with this. Do agree with the other girls about talking with a doctor though. Hope you're able to take care of this soon. Take care :)

I do have Crohns of the Terminal Ileum and it has always affected my right side, starting to think the pain is due to 'lady time' and nothing more.... Hopefully

Thankyou everyone for your help and concern
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Could you at least call? It could be from your appendix too - I ignored my pain thinking it was Crohns' related - until I drove myself to the hospital and had my appendix out that same morning!

My disease is the last part of my rectum first part of sigmoid colon, I feel the pain in my right side hip and buttock.