• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Shakeology.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Have not heard of it before. Quickly looked at the website and checked out the ingredients. I see that the calcium in the shake is in the form of dicalcium phosphate, which is not the most recommended form of calcium as less of it can be absorbed by the body.

I would do more research on exactly what you are getting with such a shake as I think I saw the cost at around $7 per singe serving packet.

I've tried probiotic yoghurts & I know that some IBD sufferers have had a lot of success with it. Even to the point of stopping diarrohea. But sadly it just made things worse for me. Made things move even quicker. I was even advised to have them when taking anti biotics but have not bothered because of the effect it has on me.

It is the same company that makes the P90X and other trendy workout routines. They are apparently an A+ company for the BBB. We have the P90X routine, tough stuff. A friend of mine bought some shakeology and said it has helped her IBS, but she does not have IBD. She said I could try hers so I will let you know.

I just bought the Shakeology and have been using for three days. Haven't seen any benefits as of yet but I want to give it more time. I will keep everyone posted.

alohakim, Did the shakeology help you? I was thinking of trying it for weight loss, but I also have Crohns. I just have a hard time justifying spending that much