• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sharing my story

Hey! I'm new here, even though I've been creeping around these forums for quite a while. I'm 26 and about a year and a half ago I gradually began having gut issues. It started out pretty simple with a little bloating, gas, and constipation. I started to get pains in my gut that felt like glass moving through, not in a specific spot but pretty much everywhere. All these things got worse and worse and my response was to eat more "healthy" which meant a lot of fruits and vegetables, raw. I was getting worse and worse so I went to the doctor about it and I was given a proton pump inhibitor, Tecta. About three days after I started that medication I ended up at emergency. It sent me into a massive flare. I was having D 15-20 times a day, lots of pain, vomiting etc. I can't even describe how sick I was, although I'm sure you all know. I was severely dehydrated and spent 2 weeks in the hospital. While I was there I had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, and a CT scan. There were ulcers in my terminal illum and biopsy positive for crohn's. I was, and still am, shocked.

I mostly wanted to write this because I don't have D on a regular basis the way everyone else seems to. If I eat something that bothers me I get constipated with pain. Since the flare passed I still have a lot of nausea. I was wondering if anyone else has had this lingering nausea.

Also, my CT scan was clear, "no evidence of crohns", which is awesome. I've found a happy place now where I know what I can eat and I have a good routine (my morning routine is really important for my gut). I guess now I'm just working on my mind, trying to get used to all the changes. Anyway, that's it!
Cheers

dave13

Forum Monitor
Welcome

I don't have diarrhea on a regular basis either.I have what I call urgencies:when I have to go,I have to go.

I don't have constipation or nausea.I do share your morning routine theory.My best days coincide with consistency,especially in the morning.

Glad to hear the positive attitude,again,welcome.

Dave

Tony H

I don't have d on a regular basis , just when i am flaring , you get to know when you have to stay close to a toilet but a lot of the time you can live a normal life , as dave 13 said staying positive helps a heck of a lot .

Hi. I have nausea every time I eat and sometimes before. I take phenergan and it helps a lot but it also effects your mental alertness so I can't drive etc. once I have taken the meds. I know there is also Zofran which didn't help my nausea but does have it's own side effects. You may want to research and talk to your GI.

Good luck - nausea is a hard way to live!