• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Shortness of breath

I was wondering if anyone has experienced a prolonged shortness of breath after they had a lung infection. My GP thinks the lung infection was brought on by my being on Remicade and Imuran at the same time. I'm also still on 20 mg of Prednisone daily. I had a lung infection over a month ago and closer to 2 months now. My GP thought the shortness of breath would clear up but it hasn't yet. Any thoughts? :ybatty:

First off keep attending the doctor,s be careful with that.i had really bad breathlessness/chest tightness felt any breeze was taking my breath away my gp at the time was really good turned out it was caused by acid reflux 2 lanzoprazole a day keeps the fire away.good luck

It could be that the infection left scars, that means it will stay that way. I have some bad scars, and now use my inhaler when needed. 3 bad lung infections. Now I only wake every few weeks struggling for air. Guafinesin, or good old Mucinex seems to help. Also try to take up a wind instrument. It will increase your lung capacity.

It could also be from the de-conditioning of your body due to not being able to be active during your illness. We more experienced folks (I didn't say older:lol2:) no longer recouperate the same as we used to. It takes us a wee bit longer to bounce back.

Let us know how you coming along.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Another thing to consider is anaemia.

I see you have had an ileal resection done, have you recently had bloods drawn for Iron Stores and B12? A normal haemoglobin does not mean you aren't anaemic.

Dusty. xxx