• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Should I ask for extra time off?

I'll be going in for my Humira load up doses on Monday 19th this month. The appointment is straight after lunch time.

Should i expect to feel so awfull after this that I may not be of much use at work, or can i expect to go right back to work (I sit chained to a computer screen at work so it's not like I have to do anything physical, but I need a functioning brain cell or two to be able to do what I do there)

My boss is quite understanding, as he has a cronic thing himself going on....

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Just in case I would take the rest of the day off, if you are going to have a reaction most times is it immediate. Dont worry, you will be just fine! Let us know how it goes!

Thanks, I'll give them a heads up tomorrow, that I may not return after lunch that day...well, I have a few off-hours left saved up this year anyway :)

It shouldn't affect your brain function/tiredness too much, unless the thought of needles makes you nauseous and stuff. Mostly just the injection sites will feel sore for about 30 minutes. Not bad though! I think giving them a heads up is a good idea, but its most likely that you'll feel fine to go back.
Good Luck!!

I tend to get a headache and feel as if there are too many levels of indirection between me and the world after my injection, so I do it just before bed. I don't remember how I was after the loading doses other than I had a snooze that afternoon.

Hi,

The loading dose had no adverse effect on me at all. However, we are all different. I hope that Humira works for you.

Mark