• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Should I be getting infusions at this time?

What a time to start treatment with Entyvio and other biologics? Since those treatments suppress the immune system, is it wise administering these suppressants, considering Covid19 is already present in our Province? Since having my last treatment I have been pretty much self isolating, other than my husband being present in the house, I have not gone anywhere just to be safe. Some of the side effects of the Entyvio treatment are the same as the COVID19 virus, although I am minus the fever, I do have a runny nose and cough? I don't think I have Covid19? ,
They sent me a reminder of my 2nd infusion appointment next week, and they are going ahead unless I develop Covid symptoms, then I'm asked to cancel in advance.. What's your thoughts on the immune suppressing aspect of these treatments when we need our immune systems to fight off any serious virus symptoms?.

Entyvio is your best bet for Crohn's treatment that isn't immune suppressing. It has little known systemic immune suppression.

Thanks, I have a runny nose and cough, temp has now gone from 97.6 to 100.7. Outside
of the Temperature, I've had these symptoms soon after my first infusion but my husband feels I only had one infusion so I shouldn't have side effects already, but it's there, whether co incidental or nor, I have a runny nose and cough from what I think is draining in the back of my throat? Now a fever? I have a history of rhinitis only this time it's worse? Will see how I feel overnight and by Monday if not better, will contact them. Thank you.;

What a time to start treatment with Entyvio and other biologics? Since those treatments suppress the immune system, is it wise administering these suppressants, considering Covid19 is already present in our Province? Since having my last treatment I have been pretty much self isolating, other than my husband being present in the house, I have not gone anywhere just to be safe. Some of the side effects of the Entyvio treatment are the same as the COVID19 virus, although I am minus the fever, I do have a runny nose and cough? I don't think I have Covid19? ,
They sent me a reminder of my 2nd infusion appointment next week, and they are going ahead unless I develop Covid symptoms, then I'm asked to cancel in advance.. What's your thoughts on the immune suppressing aspect of these treatments when we need our immune systems to fight off any serious virus symptoms?.
Entyvio is an immunosuppressant so I’m not sure either. My daughter’s GI doctor said that it doesn’t suppress your immune system but he is also not very informing. We get more info from the infusion nurses at hospital. They say for 2 weeks after infusion be careful. And also on the Entyvio medication guide, it talks about how you could actually catch a virus if someone near you just got a live vaccine.
We are going to call the hospital where she gets infusion and talk to nurses there.
Do you feel comfortable with your GI doctor?

My daughter has been on Entyvio for about 8 months and just recently, her Medicare denied it. Has this happened to anyone? Idk why, we just got the letter. It’s almost $30,000 each infusion and we are poor. I dont get it. and I’m getting so much anxiety about it. I’m already not working cause of COVID-19.

Thanks, I have a runny nose and cough, temp has now gone from 97.6 to 100.7. Outside
of the Temperature, I've had these symptoms soon after my first infusion but my husband feels I only had one infusion so I shouldn't have side effects already, but it's there, whether co incidental or nor, I have a runny nose and cough from what I think is draining in the back of my throat? Now a fever? I have a history of rhinitis only this time it's worse? Will see how I feel overnight and by Monday if not better, will contact them. Thank you.;
Do you feel any better? My daughter, also, has a history of rhinitis. She also has asthma. Her adenoids are enlarged and wants to get them taken out. You may be experiencing side effects from Entyvio but if you have a fever, you could be fighting an infection.
I know they always ask before infusion if she has any symptoms of any infection whatsoever like cough, runny nose, etc..
One time my daughter was having allergies, and I didn’t think she should get the infusion, but she wanted to and then she got sick. So, I’m assuming she already had something coming on and maybe the Entyvio made it worse?