• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Should i be worried?

For most of yesterday afternoon i had pain in my left hand side at my kidney, i am just 2 weeks after my 2nd infusion of infliximab and have constant muscle pain, weakness and tiredness. The pain in my kidney area dosent hurt today tho so i am a little confused and i have no problems with urine that i have noticed so i am not sure what to make of it if anything. has anyone else had this issue?

Dukeis

Dynastic Overlord
I sure would let your doctor know about the constant muscle pain, weakness and tiredness.

Definitely let your doctor know about this. Muscle cramping and skeletal pain are often reported side effects of Remicade infusion, but you should definitely not ignore it.

thankyou for the replies, i have an app with my GI on monday before my next infusion, i am beginning to wonder if i should have the next infusion tho as i am more tired now with infliximab than i was before i started it

Splasher, talk with your GI about all of your symptoms. One thing to remember is that Remicade suppresses your immune sysyem. It could be something else causing the fatigue, and not the treatments. Also, re the kidney pain, since begining the Remicade (I am just about to have infusion #4) I have had 2 kidney stones!!! I actually just had a kidney stone removal surgery yesterday, thoughi learned that stone had been in my kidney for most likely over a year. If you have a kidney stone, that hasn't yet moved to your urethra, it will only hurt when it moves inside the kidney, so you wouldn't neccessarily hurt constantly. Something to think about... :) Just make sure you talk to your GI about it. You could keep a journal of all of your symptoms. That could help!!!

thanks j-bug for your reply, i have since went and seen my GI who decided it was very likely i was still having a reaction to infliximab and having too many side effects, he said the extreme tiredness is more than likely due to my immune system rebelling against infliximab so didn't think it was best to continue the treatment. I am really gutted as i know it helps so many people, he has now offered me humira or surgery, and is allowing me a few weeks until infliximab wears off to decide

Hey Splasher! I just hope that whatever path you chose, helps and you are WELL!!!!! My two cents in it all, I would try Humira before jumping into surgery. For many people who do not respond well to Remi, Humira has worked for them. Oh hun, I hope that you start to feel better soon!
:hug:
SMILE AND HUGZ!!!
I am sending good vibes and prayers your way!!!