• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Should I start pred?

I've been med free for a year now but at my last blood test my GI
Noticed my CRP was 17 I told me to start a course of pred for two months starting at 40mg and reducing 5mg per week. This will be the first time since 2014 since I've been on it, I'm reluctant to take it due to my heart going in to atrial fibrillation the last time on them, Doctors say it wasn't caused by the pred but I'm not sure. I've only been on the pred twice in ten years but I'm not a fan. Do you guys have an alternative or shall I just go ahead with the pred? 🙈

I am in a similar situation. I have had crohns for nearly 40 years and my memory of using it back in the 1990s were not good. Went to see new gastroenterologist two weeks ago because I have a flare and he casually prescribed prednisolone even though I said that last time I had them when i tried to come off I relapsed. So not pleased with this new doctor and his not listening to me. So I have decided to try predfoam which is good for the lower part of the colon and e sures so not eating food which could irritate bowel. Will see how I go but if this does not work will see what else the strapped for cash NHS can do.

I am in a similar situation. I have had crohns for nearly 40 years and my memory of using it back in the 1990s were not good. Went to see new gastroenterologist two weeks ago because I have a flare and he casually prescribed prednisolone even though I said that last time I had them when i tried to come off I relapsed. So not pleased with this new doctor and his not listening to me. So I have decided to try predfoam which is good for the lower part of the colon and e sures so not eating food which could irritate bowel. Will see how I go but if this does not work will see what else the strapped for cash NHS can do.