• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

"Shown significant improvement"

Hey all!

For the very first time in my 17 year history of Crohn's, my colonoscopy this past weekend came back with the comment "Shown significant improvement" since the last scope 1 year ago. :dusty:

I'm so excited. It might mean nothing at all, but I'm going to hope it means that the treatment I'm on is actually working. I've gone through every medication out there (Prednisone, Imuran, 6MP, Methotrexate, Remicade, Humira to name a few) and nothing had worked but surgery over and over again.

About a year ago, after my last scope, my doctor put me on "Stelara", which is an anti-inflammatory drug normally used for Arthritis as a last ditch effort. The success rate was also not very high. I asked him what happens if it didn't work, and he said "surgery" again. Considering I've had 5 of those already in the last 14 years, I REALLY needed it to work.

In tandem, I've also changed my diet so I'm generally eating healthier and went on a regime of cannabis oil a few times a week (without my doctors knowledge). I don't condone NOT telling your doctor about something like cannabis, but I think my doctor is one of those who wouldn't even let me give it a shot.

At any rate, whether it's the Stelara, the Cannabis or the dietary changes, something seems to be working, and I couldn't be happier about it!

-Adam

Where do you get your cannabis oil? I was looking into this for a family member, but am not sure where to start in terms of good sources. Are there any studies you would recommend I read also? My family member has mental illness.

Hi earthshine,

I live in Canada, so it's probably easier to obtain up here than anywhere else, but I get it through a friend of a friend. I can get it through legal methods as well, but as I mentioned, I'm a bit hesitant to talk to my doctor about it. I'll probably go that route soon though.

Because of the legalities, there hasn't been a lot of official studies done on it, but I have talked to a few people who see a lot of benefit, and even one VERY reputable M.D. in the city I live in who has patients on it and has seen the benefits firsthand. The "official" study I read can be found here, but if you google it, you'll find a lot more "unofficial" info:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23648372

-Adam

Hi earthshine,

I live in Canada, so it's probably easier to obtain up here than anywhere else, but I get it through a friend of a friend. I can get it through legal methods as well, but as I mentioned, I'm a bit hesitant to talk to my doctor about it. I'll probably go that route soon though.

Because of the legalities, there hasn't been a lot of official studies done on it, but I have talked to a few people who see a lot of benefit, and even one VERY reputable M.D. in the city I live in who has patients on it and has seen the benefits firsthand. The "official" study I read can be found here, but if you google it, you'll find a lot more "unofficial" info:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23648372

-Adam
How does one transfer a link unto this site?

Ron, if you highlight the link (by clicking once it), press Ctrl and 'c' at the same time to copy it, then put your cursor in the reply area of this site, and press Ctrl and 'v' at the same time to paste it. Let us know if you have any q's