• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Side effect from remicade.

Hi I have had crohn’s since I was 38 and am now 61. I have been on remicade for at least 5 years. Working good. In October my fingers started splitting badly. Doctor said it was eczema but I knew it wasn’t. A couple months ago my feet started cracking so bad I can hardly walk and my hands and fingers are splitting and peeling. I am waiting to get into a dermatologist, not untill the end of July. No amount of moisturizers, creams or lotions ease the pain. As soon as I walk I can feel my feet splitting. Does anyone else experience such a thing?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I used to get the same thing when I was a teen...nothing really worked on it, until I got some Avon hand cream! Sounds strange, but something in it really helped me...it was the Care Deeply line I think.....

I used to have to slather my hands with the cream, put socks over then a plastic bag to help keep the moisture in....

I can tell you, it was NOT a great experience having it - especially since I was a cheerleader my senior year and all the clapping caused more cracks in my hands....

Thankfully, I either grew out of it, or the disease decided to mess with me in other ways....even today, I'm still cautious about letting things get too dry and stay on top of any cracks that look like they want to start...