• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Side effects of flaggyl

I am supposed to start flaggyl very soon. Can I get some feedback on how people are doing being on it? Any side effects?

I was on Flagyl a few years ago. Everyone is different but I had to give it up. It caused me to feel numbness in my hands. Like I said before, everyone is different. Others may have different results.

I also was getting some neuropathy symptoms like Ron described above. This didn't happen the first time I was on it though which was only for about 2 weeks for C-Diff. The second time I was on it recently I started getting tingling and numbness in my hands and then we stopped it immediately and it went away. I hope flagyl can help with what ever you are taking it for!

I am currently on it and have been on it a few times before now. I have only had minor side effects. The most common one being metallic taste in my mouth and some nausea. Nothing major at all.