• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Side effects of humira and azothiaprin

Hi, Just been to my consultant and have been on humira since October 2016 and have been pleased with the treatment, hardly any side effects and my condition improving. But now they want to add aziothiaprin after Christmas with a view to stop the humira in a years time. I am worried about the side effects of another drug.( was sick on methotrexate and had pancreatitis with suphasalazine). Has any one had any side effects with this drug. Why if a drug is working do they want to stop it, is it the cost to the NHS or is there another reason . confused and anxious about starting another drug with more side effects. Any advice would be gratefully received.

my little penguin

Staff member
It nhs cost
They do not stop biologics including humira if they are working in the US
Only at nhs due to cost
You have to prove you will get sick again on aza before they will put you back on a biologics and
Humira is less effective once it's stopped and restarted
It's in the nhs guidelines
Tagging happy