• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Side effects of Humira?

Ive had about 5 doses of Humira (first two were loading doses) but I've started having quite bad diarrhea and stomach gurgles. Has anyone else had this? It is almost like a flare up but not quite as bad. Also still passing some mucus and blood. Became immune to Infliximab which I found really good. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Lady Organic

Staff member
I just started Humira as well, second set of loading doses today. So far so good, already feel better, but the abbvieCare specialized humira nurse informed me that during the first 3 months, ups and downs are common under Humira and not to discourage if this occurs. It may be this phenomenon or not, but I'd inform either the nurse of GI about this if symptoms persist.

Hi guys! How has humira worked out for you so far?

I started humira about 6.5 weeks ago on January 10th. I've had some improvement since week 4 (solid BMs) but this week I'm back with the diarrhea. I'm guessing it's something I ate but who knows. I'm taking comfort in the fact that you mentioned that ups and downs are normal at the beginning.

Would love to hear how humira has worked out for you so far. I take humira for my UC along with Apriso (4 .375mg capsules/day).

I started Humira last summer & within a couple months was feeling much better - cramps, pain & joint issues suppressed. After 9 months it seems to have stopped working, testing to see if I've developed antibodies.

I started Humira last summer & within a couple months was feeling much better - cramps, pain & joint issues suppressed. After 9 months it seems to have stopped working, testing to see if I've developed antibodies.
Oh no...I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you can find something that works for you. Stay positive.