• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Side effects present still after weeks off!

Prednisone was tapered off weeks ago. I mean, I ended it in the middle of September but I still have the side effects. it should be gone-I figure. How long is it supposed to last?

afidz

Super Moderator
What side effects are you still experiencing? I still have restless leg syndrome that started when I was on prednisone. Have you tried talking to your doctor about this?

What side effects are you still experiencing? I still have restless leg syndrome that started when I was on prednisone. Have you tried talking to your doctor about this?
I still have the moonface and I still feel weak. (Like:2 minute walk feels like I ran a marathon. ) My bones hurt like crazy . (I hurt my knee 3 weeks ago but it never went away) I have an appointment on Monday. Well- I have my normal doc on Friday because my lymphnodes started swelling and I kept feeling warm but...not.

I still have the moonface and I still feel weak. (Like:2 minute walk feels like I ran a marathon. ) My bones hurt like crazy . (I hurt my knee 3 weeks ago but it never went away) I have an appointment on Monday. Well- I have my normal doc on Friday because my lymphnodes started swelling and I kept feeling warm but...not.
Hi there, sorry to hear you feel that bad. The moonface can take quite a while to go away unfortunately. But one month of moonface is pretty long after no more pred.

As to being out of breath very fast, that may have various causes, not necessarily pred. What does your blood tests say on hemoglobin, iron/ferritin levels? If you have been flaring you might have malabsorption cause anaemia.

On the hurting bones and lymph nodes, not sure about that.

It's good that you see your normal doc in two days, but these symptoms would actually also warrant a visit to your GI or call.

Hi there, sorry to hear you feel that bad. The moonface can take quite a while to go away unfortunately. But one month of moonface is pretty long after no more pred.

As to being out of breath very fast, that may have various causes, not necessarily pred. What does your blood tests say on hemoglobin, iron/ferritin levels? If you have been flaring you might have malabsorption cause anaemia.

On the hurting bones and lymph nodes, not sure about that.

It's good that you see your normal doc in two days, but these symptoms would actually also warrant a visit to your GI or call.
Since the last visit, I was better so no one tried blood tests. However, just in September, I flared again. (I always for every time of the month.) I thought about Anemia since I started eating ice more. (I never craved ice before)

We're attempting Friday because my gastroenterologist is way too far away, my parents' jobs don't allow for many long distance travel. (Two hours away. He became my doc because of the massive waiting time. Everyone close got booked at that time. ) Monday being the only time available. (That he's there)