• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Side effects

Been azathioprine since may now 50mg up 100mg Noticed slight itchy skin but seems to be getting more annoying.Also i have skin rash today Are these because of the heat ? Do I just keep plodding on ? Or should i inform my IBS nurse or consultant
Sandra
Crohns 35 years
2 bowel resections
meds
Pentasa
Lopermide
Azathioprine
B12 injections

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
If the itching skin and rash are a new development, it would be wise to contact the IBS nurse, at least to be on the safe side....

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
I agree, when dealing with potential side effects of these medications it is better to err on the side of caution and let your doctors know even if over the phone what is going on. Along with routine blood tests, letting them know of side effects can help you determine if it is something to worry about or not.