• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sigmoidoscopy

Over the past 10 years I've suffered with my bowels, where I cant pass a stool unaided without irrigation or medication, then its either very loose, I've had vy plasty done, I've had elastic bands fitted, I've had numerous transit studies and sigmoidoscopy, I'm in content pain and rectal bleeding, today I had another sigmoidoscopy done and they had to take more biopsy's as they found a patchy red inflamed mass, what could this be, very scared x

Lady Organic

Staff member
''red patchy inflammed mass'' ...seems like it could be crohns. did the doctor mention the name crohns? I understand you are scared, but the good news is that they found ''something'' after your 10 years of suffering. After good analysis with biopsy, they will most likely come up with a solution (medication) for you. so you might finally end up feeling much better :) let us know of the result, best wishes.