• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Signed off by my GP again..

Just can't muster any strength to go back to work..

Ever since I've been diagnosed symptoms keep widening and worsening, felt nauseous last night and this 'morning, getting more pain all over my stomach, feel so tired all the time & keep waking up sweating anyone else get that?

On the plus side of things managed to go 3 hours without needing the toilet out shopping with my girlfriend, which, in my eyes is a massive achievement considering I've been traumatized by this anxiety.

Here goes another month of no work.. guess the World Cup starts so that'll keep me pre-occupied.

nogutsnoglory

I hear you bud, i really need to work but I'm in so much pain and so tired i think I'd collapse on site. I really hope this passes so i can pretend to have a life again.

I hear you bud, i really need to work but I'm in so much pain and so tired i think I'd collapse on site. I really hope this passes so i can pretend to have a life again.
Finding it hard to even explain to people now because you get the typical..
"You're looking better today."

When I've not felt good in ages, just so depressing.

Sorry your struggling with your symptoms - has the doc given you anything for the nausea and pain. It is a daily struggle for me with these two items.

It's really hard to explain to everyone - I've just let my family know that most days are bad some worse than the others and if anything changes I'll let them know. I don't like the "how are you feeling today" all I can say is same. I just try and keep my head up and remain positive that one day we will have the meds right to control the symptoms and I can return to a normal life. TV has become my life, but at least we have that right!

Nice that you were able to go out - I was just thinking last night - I can't remember what it is like to go shopping - keep your chin up.

Good luck!!:ghug:

valleysangel92

Staff member
I totally understand where you're coming from, its so frustrating isn't it? I spent a long time on sick notes, and have only recently persuaded a doctor to say I'm allowed to try and go to uni in September. I'm 21, so only a little older than you, and havent worked or studied since I was 19. So I completely get what you're saying.

Do you have any appointments with your consultant coming up? They might be able to help you out with this.

If you ever want to let off some steam you are welcome to message me any time.

I know exactly how you feel. I was up last night with sweating/nausea/throwing up & D...didn't get out of bed until 12:30 today. It has been a rough week, but last night was more like it was a year ago when I had to begin the frequent trips to the er. Not sure if last night was the Crohns or a new medicine my physio wants me to try for possible Fibro. Either way, miserable doesn't begin to describe how I feel.