• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Silly Stoma Stories

hahha ok well i mainly started this because i had a pretty hilarious incident at a dr's office a few weeks ago, then i figured im probably not the only one with funny pooper stories!

ok so i was at the derm's office and went over to the appt desk to schedule for next time. there are 2 different receptionists and one of them is nice enough and the other one is a total b and does things like put you on hold without saying so and leaving you on hold at the end of the day as everyone leaves.
SO the nice one wasnt there and i had to go to the cranky one. i told her the doctor and date i needed and she silently tapped on her keyboard and everything, then wrote out an appt reminder card to give to me.
as she was saying "heres your card have a nice day etc" my lil nubber let out the most intense loudest PPPPLTTTHHHHHHH! of my life. she just stared at my stomach as i clapped my hand over my stoma. she looked up at me with a :eek2: face and i just said "uhhh, stoma." she like, nodded kind of and i walked away holding my breath until i went thru the door and let out my laughter :D

it makes me think of little dogs in movies that know when their owners dont like someone and they growl? see? nubby's just lookin out for me :D

ok SHARE!

Last edited:
Mine isn't funny...per se. But I thought it was a bit funny. I was at a wedding this summer and right at the quiet part (I forget the exact part) george started to make himself known. I think that only my boyfriend and friend who were sitting next to me heard...but they both sort of cracked up at me. It was a bit funny...if also a bit embarrasing.

Also...early after my stoma was made, my boyfriend actually had to go sleep on the couch because george was so grumpy during the night. I thought it served him right since he snores like a freight train and I've been driven to the couch many times myself. I think george was getting revenge.

dear kello I discovered that I should not drink coke or other sparkling drinks before going to the cinema because in the silent of the film everybody ears my sounds :D

Last edited:

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
Does your stoma have a pet nickname? That's a funny story. So, if just mutter expletives under my breath at incompetent customer service folk, can I blame it on a stoma?

hahah lol at all your responses!
"sick em stomy" LOLOL

hahah @ erin, i love how he had to sleep on the couch! damn stright it serves him right for snoring !

well fen, i havent really named it officially, but i often refer to it as my nubber.
or ol' nubby.
:D

i used/use the word nubber ALL the time and hey, a stoma's a nubber! it fits.

merrywidow

mum with a dogdy tum
i have put this story on here somewher, but i will repeat it here for the newbies.

my stoma is called fred.
i was in the toilet when the doorbell rang, my son answered it, the man was a saleman and asked my son "wheres your mum or dad" to which my son honestly answered, "mum is in the toilet with fred and dad is dead". !!!!
by the time i had finished with fred the saleman was nowhere to be seen.

hahah merr i do remember that story, its a good one though.

i love that you resurrected this thread! i forgot about it!

though i dont have any recent stories that come to mind hmm...

Yes, this is a cute thread...so here's my sillyness (until something sillier happens)

I was driving with my 8 year old daughter and expaining about burping my bag. She's pretty interested in the whole thing. So at a traffic light, I do it, after warning that the smell will be deadly. Anyway, she loves it. Not the smell I guess, but just that I could do such a thing. Aren't 8 year old's great? Maybe it's like I'm a super hero - I could clear out an area at will.

So I was testing the Cymed pouch this past weekend. The pouch was as clear as glass. Of course my daughter (8) wanted to see and of course some output started to come out. Then my other daughter (3), joined in. They were both giggling, having a ball watching the show. Pretty silly I think.

Nyx

The only really silly story I have is while my bf and I were being intimate for the first time with Oscar....he got a bag in the ear....lol I went and bought a pouch cover immediately after that. Even now I still threaten him with a bag in the ear if he's irritating me....lol

HAHAHAHAH nyx i am cracking up "bag in the ear" HAHAH i love it :D

awww your bf sounds great, i love that you two joke about it like that :)

Ha ha ha! I wear a corset when we are being intimate. It keeps my bag close- and out of peoples ears- while still being a little sexy. :)

Yesterday I was having one of those moments where you think you're getting some odor from the bag. So I call my trusty 8 year old daughter over to take a whiff. She obliged and sniffed around, and said "it smells like the kids after a diaper change".

Humm, not sure what that means - I kinda like that smell. Anyway, my two younger ones are soon to be out of diapers. One is 3 and very overdue. My youngest is 2 and just peed for the first time standing up (yes, in the toilet). I showed him how so I feel kinda proud.