• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Silver biotics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not big on alternative medicine I stick pretty well to conventional treatments for crohns but after doing some research I'm seriously thanking about trying silverbiotics/collodial silver seems to be a lot of good uses for it basically a great way to stay healthy all around by killing bad bacteria and leaving the good ones. Actually some people saying that along with there conventional treatments they've had no symptoms at all for years and years!!! Couldn't hurt to try? And good stories out there with this product? And were can I get a bottle?

I've tried colloidal silver to treat Crohn's. Didn't do anything. There is actually no real evidence that it helps with ibd. The stories you read about online are all anecdotes and likely not the cause of ones remission or healing.

I was afraid of that I'm on entocort right now and it's cleared up my lower abdoman/rectum issues but I'm still having indigestion and a burning upper stomach I guess acid reflux I'm on prilosec and it's helping just not completely putting out the flame so I wanted to try something to help but it looks like back to the drawing board thanks for the feedback!!

nogutsnoglory

I believe I speak for the entire Crohnsforum staff when I say that as a forum we have taken a position against colloidal silver and believe it can be dangerous. Jennifer please correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to recall that.

afidz

Super Moderator
As NGNG said, it is very dangerous and hasn't been proven to aid in IBD. Strongly suggest NO ONE tries it, its not worth it.
"Colloidal silver is LIKELY UNSAFE for use. The silver in colloidal silver products gets deposited in vital organs such as the skin, liver, spleen, kidney, muscle, and brain. This can lead to an irreversible bluish skin discoloration that first appears in the gums. It can also stimulate melanin production in skin, and areas exposed to the sun will become increasingly discolored."
source:
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...tId=779&activeIngredientName=COLLOIDAL SILVER

Status
Not open for further replies.