• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sinus horseshoe perianal Abscess–GI wants to start Humira

Sinus horseshoe perianal Abscess–GI wants to start Humira

I developed an perianal abscess in April 2014, which was drained under local anesthesia.
I started to feel pain inside my anus again on December 13, 2015 and I went to ER. A CT scan was performed and I had a EUA, abscess drained and seton placed. I was still in pain after surgery which became unbearable after 3 days. I went again at ER, another CT was performed and was told that abscess got bigger and was not drained completely the first time. Another surgery was performed to drain it.

I had an appointment with colorectal surgeon that did my first surgery and he explained that the abscess initially was drained but was created on the other side around rectal area. I did not have a fistula but a sinus horseshoe perianal abscess.

I was diagnosed with UC in 2009 and I think I am doing well on Mezavant and following a low carb diet. GI recommended I start Humira . He said that I might have Chron-colities which causes the abscess. My symptoms are under control ( I think), and I am wondering if is worth it to start Humira only to clean and avoid another horseshoe perianal absecc in the future.

Did anyone was in a similar situation? Any comment?