• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sinuses

Hi, Ron

I have a long history of rhinitis (inflammation in the nose) and sinus infections, as well as picking up every bug and cold going. My allergy doctor reckons it's related to problems with the immune system, which would tie in with the autoimmune nature of Crohn's. Maybe it's similar for you? Apparently a lot of sinus problems are caused by swelling that area, either caused by allergies or other means, meaning that bugs and the like can't work their way out of the nose in the normal fashion, which gives them time to do damage and spread.

Hi Ron:

Like EmmaLou I have had chronic sinus problems. I've had sinus surgery twice, and they are much better than prior to the second surgery when I was on antibiotics 3 weeks out of every month. My children were just babies then, and I am sure that all the germs they picked up at preschool weren't helping either. I think my sinus and GI problems are related as well.

Take care.

Augusta