• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Skin around my eyes are red

KWalker

I've had this problem for a few years now, but just recently wondered if it might be crohns related. On the skin around my eyes I have red circles. Nothing on my eyes themselves, but on the skin around them it gives a similar appearance as if I were high (I don't do that). It doesn't cause any problems health-wise, but I was looking at it the other day and Mariah was saying that (to her) some days seem much worse and it does look like I've been smoking. I don't want people thinking I'm high everywhere I go.

Do you guys have any ideas what it could, or if it's even related?

My hubby has this, guess I never paid much attention to it though. Just thought he was tired or something bothering his eyes. Haven't seen it in Jack that I'm aware of but then he looks so much like his dad maybe I just haven't ever really noticed. Now I'm going to be checking his eyes.

KWalker

Yeah exactly, it looks like I just woke up..but all day long. I get lots of sleep and almost never wake up tired either so I'm not sure what it could be. My original guess was low iron but my latest blood test came back not that low

Well now he is going to be wondering why after 20+ years I'm staring at him, not that I don't look at him but I can say I don't spend hours staring into his eyes anymore.