• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Skin rash

L has developed an itchy skin rash in her armpits and behind her knees. I was assuming eczema (though she has never had it before) but it has not cleared up with a mild steroid cream and actually doesn't look all that much like the eczema I or her sister get. She has pretty distinct pimply-looking red raised spots, but there is no head that I can see. The skin between spots looks normal. Is there anything in the way of skin rashes I ought to be looking out for? She is taking azathioprine and Flagyl and Ursodiol.

Thanks!

crohnsinct

Guttate Psoriasis
Folliculitis

The list is endless. I would take her to a derm and see if you can narrow it down.

Thanks, mlp and CIC! Evidently the school nurse slapped some benadryl cream under her arms today and the spots there have all but disappeared. Behind her knees are still a mess, though (though I put some benadryl cream on them after talking to the nurse). So... An allergic reaction or something that responds to antihistamines. I'm going to take a look at that list, thanks.

Thanks, mlp and CIC! Evidently the school nurse slapped some benadryl cream under her arms today and the spots there have all but disappeared. Behind her knees are still a mess, though (though I put some benadryl cream on them after talking to the nurse). So... An allergic reaction or something that responds to antihistamines. I'm going to take a look at that list, thanks.
My son gets them all the time. Doctor said Hydrocortisone cream twice a day for seven days. It works. Thought it may reappear in a few weeks at same place or different.