• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Skin Sensitivity with Aza

I'm 5 months into Azathioprine, 200mg per day. Initial problems of sore joints and extreme fatigue are gone, and I seem to be tolerating the medicine well. However, in the last several months I have noticed my skin is sensitive, especially on my torso from my waist to my neck -- almost like a mild sunburn, but with no redness or irritation that I can see, no rash, no other problems. Has anyone else had this?

Last edited:
Hi toml99,

my skin became very light sensitive when i was on azathioprine. I am of an Indian origin and never burn in the sun. Now i wear a factor 50!

Deb

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I don't actually have a sunburn -- in fact I have no sun exposure at all on my torso. It just feels like a sunburn, that's the best description I can give.

Have you showed your nurse or doc the sensitive area? I just wonder what they would suggest? With some of the drugs we take there can be many different skin based reactions, so it could be good to share with them.