• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Skin Tags

So a few months ago I've developed these swollen ulcers near my anal area, not sure if it's fistulas, skin tags or hermeroids but it sometimes gets worst and sometime gets better. I haven't get it checked out yet cause my appointment with GI hasn't come. But last time I had a colonoscopy and I guess the doctor saw it and said it was anal skin tags on the report. It's been with me for a few months now, has anybody had this before? is it associated with crohns? Is there treatment or does it goes away on it's own? Please help!

I have anal skin tags, and yes it can be caused by cohns. From my understanding they can be removed if their causing problems. The ones I have do not bother me, but I have heard of them being painful.