• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Skin Tightness

Just wondering if anyone who has had a resection still experiences that weird tightness where the incision was?

Over a year later and my tummy skin still gets sooooooo tight. It isn't really painful, but it's really annoying. And since I still have a lot of numbness, i weirds me out bigtime. If Im numb still why do i feel the tightness.

Gah!

nogutsnoglory

What do you mean by tightness? I feel inside it's tight but that might be adhesions. The skin by scars is itchy and bunched up.

nogutsnoglory

It's hard to say because it's all subjective but I think over the years they improve and also you get used to it. Maybe a vitamin e oil or scar scream like bio-oil can help make it feel a little less tight?

It's only been about a month since my last surgery but I know what you mean about tightness. Yes I have that after this most recent surgery where they had to open me up entirely. I don't know if it will fade in the future or not...