• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Small update

Hi guys an gals

I've been pretty quiet on here lately due to a bloody head cold that just won't go away
havnt had a cough yet, touchwood but I keep getting a sinus problem an blocked nose :(
I havnt had any asthma probs for years but since this head cold I hav probs breathing

just as I think it's gone an cleared up - hav one or two good days, bang it's back
it starts with me sneezing uncontrollably then I block up and yea the rest starts
I thought was jus bad hayfever at first but non the hayfever stuff would touch it
chemist said more likley a cold or flu and the cold/flu tablets only thing that offers relief
that an Vicks vaporub with a hot steamy Shower

this then seems to set my flare back off an my symptoms increase :( I'm over it an jus want it to p@ss off an leave me alone
wen I don't hav this stupid cold im pretty good now an lookin at almost a normal life- finally off pred an was lookin good til this cold, had it for few weeks now jus soo over it

sorry for the vent, but jus thought I'd post up my status

DustyKat

Super Moderator
G'day Rob,

I wondered where you were! Thanks for the update.

Whoa that sucks to have a head cold going on for that long. Do you think it might be chronic sinusitis?? Would long term antibiotics be an option for you, say for about 3 months?? or will that wreak havoc on your gut.

I hope you get better soon mate and please continue to keep us updated...............................

:getwell::getwell::getwell:

Take care, :)
Dusty