• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Snack Ideas

So.. I'm trying to lose some weight and manage my crohns with eating healthy yet not irritating things. I can handle small amounts of bread and small amounts of dairy. I can't do beef. I eat a lot of chicken and fish. I do some fruit as long as it doesn't have seeds and if I can peel the skin off I do. Also most vegetables are ok so far, as long as I don't eat a ton.

Anyway, I need something to snack on at work that's healthy and ok for crohns.. Any ideas?

I like bananas and fruit cups, along with cinnamon apple sauce. I have a couple of strictures, so low fiber/residue is key for me. I also like cheese snacks occasionally.

What about creamy all natural peanut butter(or almond butter). Lots of protein and keeps me satiated for a while. I buy little single serving packs of the Justin Peanut butter at Target. Those are more expensive than the jars so I've also just taken out a spoonful and put the whole thing(spoon and all) in a zip lock baggie to take on the go.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Soy yogurt is one of my go-to snacks. I also like oatmeal (I soak it in cashew milk overnight so it's soft and mushy, that seems to make it easier for me to digest). And rice cakes are good too. Hard-boiled eggs are a good snack if you can keep them cool. And I also like those little to-go salmon packets. I hope that is helpful. Good luck with your weight loss journey! I've just gotten off of steroids and am now trying to lose the steroid weight myself so I feel for you!