• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Snacks

I am looking for snack ideas. I was packing shortbread cookies, nilla wafers, or butter crackers. I was told these items were okay by the dietician. I've switched the sandwich meat to Oscars myers naturals. I just feel like all the items that I am told are okay for her isn't. She was never placed on a liquid only diet. Due to weight loss, a high calorie diet was recommended. She is currently tapering on prednisone and is able to drink 3 to 4 nutritional drinks a day.

My daughter is on the SCD diet, but to help her with calories I make smoothies with avocado and yogurt made from half and half. Peanut butter on apple slices. Cheese on whatever I can add it to. Crackers or muffins with cream cheese and so on.
It may be that you can fit in another bottle of formula or two to add the calories. You can bake with the formula, add it to smoothies or possibly move to higher calorie formula like Ensure Plus (although my daughter didn't like those as much).

Maya142

Staff member
We do crackers with cheese, muffins (which freeze well - I used to just make a batch over the weekend and give her one for school every day), graham crackers, string cheese etc.

We do crackers with cheese, muffins (which freeze well - I used to just make a batch over the weekend and give her one for school every day), graham crackers, string cheese etc.
Is there a brand that you can recommend or do you have your own recipe for the muffins?

A is on a low fat/high protein diet, so what's okay for her may not be okay for your daughter. But here's what she likes to snack on: dry cereal, pretzels, fruit, turkey jerky, plain popcorn, low fat cheese, and pasta salad made with coconut oil.