• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So confused

I've been struggling with arthritis for 6 years now Every doctor I have seen was sure I had RA and the test always come back negative. Well a week ago Sunday I went to the ER thinking I was having gallstones I was having tremendous pain in my upper right abdomen and everything I eat or drank hurt and ran right through me at the ER I developed horrible bloody stool after a CT and them seeing my colon was enlarged they admitted me for test, hydration and pain management. After a few days they did a colonoscopy after the colonoscopy they felt that I had either Crohn's disease or colitis. I got my pathology results yesterday and they came back inconclusive. the doctor told me this doesn't mean I don't have Crohn's and it doesn't mean I do have Crohn's. So I'm so unsure if this is normal with these kinds of diseases or there's just something wrong with me.

David

Co-Founder
Hi mudlife and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear about your recent struggles :(

It sounds like you had a rather sudden onset of abdominal issues, do I interpret that correctly? With that, and your inconclusive pathology results, while it could be IBD, I am hopeful that it is not.

Have they told you what the next step is yet?

All my best to you.